Thursday, March 14, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation: Review

Hello!


I recently picked up a foundation and a powder from the Revlon Nearly Naked line. 

These products have been talked about SO much in the beauty world ever since it released!

I tried to resist but failed....and I wanted to give you my thoughts on these two products.

I bought the foundation in 120 Vanilla and the powder in Fair.



The Foundation:

When I hear "nearly naked" I would think *very* sheer coverage.  I have acne scarring around my chin and I feel like one layer covers decent.  A second layer of foundation, I may just need a tiny bit of concealer.  This foundation covers very well, yet looks natural on me.  I also like that this particular shade is yellow, which I personally like, unlike Colorstay which many of the shades are pink. It gives a sheen as you can see in the pictures below, but contains no glitter (which I hate).  This foundation stays on me all day too! 

PROS:
  • Good coverage
  • Lasts all day
  • Gives a nice dewy glow
  • Looks natural and flawless on the skin
  • Can find at the drugstore
CONS:
  • No pump... why, Revlon, why?
All in all, I would definitely recommend this foundation if you are looking for a drugstore option that gives good coverage but looks dewy and flawless!



Powder:

I love this powder because it is finely milled and works perfectly to set any foundation! It doesn't have the powdery look that some pressed powders can give; it just looks like a second skin! *However*, I bought the lightest shade Revlon offers and it is WAY to dark for me.  Now, I am fair, yes, but I'm not the palest of the pale.  I have never had a problem with the lightest powder in a line being too dark for me!  This is very disappointing to me and I wish they had a lighter shade because I LOVE this powder other than the poor color selection!

PROS:
  • Finely milled
  • Sets Foundatin
  • Looks like second skin
CONS:
  • Lightest shade too dark for my skintone

I would recommend this product for those looking for a nice setting powder and are darker than an NC20.  This really is a nice product and I will definitely be using it when I have more of a tan!


 

Have you tried any of the Revlon Nearly Naked line?




XOXO Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment