Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Self Tanning Routine and Favorite Products




Hey, Everyone!


I've been getting some requests to do a self-tanning post and I thought; what better time to do a post about self tanning than after this spring snowstorm?! That's right, there is no better time!

Being very light-skinned and blonde, I like to have a good tan so I'm not totally washed out!

What I do:

First, I use a homemade scrub to exfoliate my skin in preparation for self-tanning!

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • Olive Oil (measure to preference)

Awwww isn't that cute?



I then use the Fake Bake Flawless Self-Tan Liquid.  I LOVE this stuff, it's so simple and quick to use and gives me a natural looking tan! 


Just spray different sections of your body and blend in circular motions with the glove. I'd advise you to use the rubber gloves provided as well so it doesn't have any chance to turn your hands orange! 

PROS:
  • Natural-looking tan
  • No stinky self-tanner smell
  • Dries super quick
  • Fades naturally
  • Easy to use
CONS:
  • Semi-expensive ($25+)


I totally love this stuff and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a easy to use, natural self-tanner!

For upkeep on my tan, I use the Malibu Hemp Golden Glow Bronzing Moisturizer from Wal-mart! It's like 5 bucks and amazing!  It doesn't smell gross like normal gradual tanners (cough cough Jergens) it smells tropical! It's the perfect upkeep to my tan! Highly recommend!





I love all of these products and I highly recommend trying them all! Amazing products in my opinion!


 

 What is your self-tan routine or are you all natural?




XOXO Mandy 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds sounds great. I'm very fair so I really only use a gradual moisturizer/self tanner. I do this mostly because I'm scared of turning orange. haha.

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should most definitely try out the Malibu gradual tanner for sure! It is perfect and doesn't turn you orange, just a natural sunkissed look! But, if you are feeling brave, I'd try the Fake Bake Flawless! I don't think you will regret it because it's the perfect color on me :)

      Delete
  2. Girl I think we are meant to be friends!! We love so much of the same stuff! So crazy but I was literally just looking at this self tanner online...at work oops. I heard great things! I've tried so many brands and my favs are sun labs and xen tan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duhhhh!!! Totally blogger friends :) And don't worry, I actually did this post while at work... I mean self-tanning is WAY more important than anything we could be doing at work, right?

      You should definitely try this out and see how you like it!

      I want to try the sun labs and xen tan because I have heard good things about those as well!!

      :)

      Delete
  3. I need to try both of these products! I am so pale but I'm obsessed with safe sun, so I try to self tan every summer, but most self tanners end up turning yellowish on me. Yep, you read that right, not orange...YELLOW. It is not a good look!! The Fake Bake stuff sounds great, especially because the self tanner smell is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow?!!!!!? That's crazy!!! I wonder why that is?? You should give this tanner a shot though!! It really doesn't smell bad at all! Totally loving it!! :)

      Hope you are having a great day!! :)

      Delete