Friday, February 15, 2013

Victoria's Secret/ Beachy Waves Hair Tutorial

It's the weekend folks, hope y'all are doing swell!


I wanted to do a very quick and VERY simple hair tutorial for everyone!

My friend actually always comments on my hair whenever I wear it like this and I thought, well gee, why don't I just explain how to do it in my blog? Duh!

So, I would say this hairstyle is sort of loose beach waves a la Victoria's Secret models? Now, if I only had the body of one... (Chyea in my dreams, sorry Mandy, newsflash you're 5'3"....)



But, basically this hairstyle is super easy!

Granted, my hair naturally has *some* wave to it so it helps.  But, honestly anyone could create this look using these steps!

You need a 1 inch curling iron and a teasing brush to create this look.  ( I prefer the curling iron by Hot Tools)

Basically, curl a 1 inch section of your hair by starting about 8" down from the root. Curl your hair by gradually turning the iron and adding more of that 1 inch section into the iron. 

THESE ARE THE KEY POINTS!  Leave a little tail out of the iron, don't curl your hair all the way to the ends if that makes sense.  And then as soon as you let the curl drop, finger comb it out! IMMEDIATELY!

Then, after all your hair has been curled, and finger combed, tease it to make your have a *bit* more volume!



And Voila! Sexy!

NOTE: I should seriously start making YouTube videos... Explaining this would be MUCH easier broadcast form.....

Hope this made sense, and you will try it! Be ready to get lots and LOTS of compliments!!




 

Do you like to straighten your hair or curl it?




XOXO Mandy

6 comments:

  1. Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! Wish I could get my hair to look like that:)! Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, you are so sweet :):) honestly try this method of curling it makes it much more beachy!!!! I'm totally following you!!! Of course :)

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I miss long hair soooo much!! Can't wait to be able to curl my hair again!
    And you should defs get on YouTube!!! Dooo itttt!! lol
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! :) I always thinking about cutting my hair to do something different, but I KNOW I will regret it!! Long hair is so versatile!!!!

      I just might have to start doing YouTube, I'm definitely a better talker than a writer that's for sure :)

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Yes, start making YouTube vids! It'll be even more awesome because you want to be an anchor ;) Hopefully you do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement!!! I feel the same way, I love to write but I *Really* love to talk ;) Also, it's so much easier to explain tutorials when you can actually show people how to do it! Thanks so much for reading!! :)

      XOXO Mandy

      Delete