Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My Drugstore Favorites

Hi Y'all!


I wanted to share with you my favorite drugstore beauty products!

I love high-end makeup as much as the next girl, but with a college budget, sometimes it's hard to buy expensive makeup!

Luckily, there are many drugstore products that are up to par with the high-end brands! Drugstore brands have really upped their game lately in my opinion!

I wanted to share with you my favorites from the drugstore!

Be sure to let me know if you want full reviews on any of these products!

My first favorite is the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation.  This product has been reviewed time and time again by just about everyone in the beauty world, so all I'll say is it has good coverage and has amazing lasting power! I usually buy the Oily/Combination bottle, but my skin has been so dry lately and I want to try the one for dry skin! Thoughts?



Another foundation favorite is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation.  Many people say that this product is a dupe for Nars Sheer glow! (I unfortunately have not tried Sheer Glow yet.)  This foundation does give a healthy glow and I'd say is a medium coverage! I always use a primer so this foundation has decent staying power in my opinion!



My ALL-TIME favorite pressed powder is the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.  This powder is awesome! It sets my makeup, never looks cakey, and keeps my skin matte all day! Perfect! Go give it a shot, it's cheap and works wonders!



The Monistat Anti-Chafing gel is an amazing drugstore primer for only 6 bucks! Yeah, it may seem weird, and yeah, you  may feel awkward buying it, but it is basically the same product as the Smashbox Photofinish primer but way more inexpensive! It smooths my lines and pores, and makes my makeup last all day! I use this primer much more than my higher end primers! I used it in my everyday face here!



A new bronzer I have discovered is the Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil.  This is the darkest of them all but the shade inbetween looked a tad orange.  So, I opted for this one.  With a light hand, this bronzer is so pretty! It adds a glow to my face without being sparkly! HUGE PLUS: This is about 4 bucks and the pan is huge! Awesome find in my opinion! I've been using it more than my Nars Laguna lately!



Another Wet n Wild product I've been using is the Coloricon blush in Pearlescent Pink.  This is such a gorgeous pink shade with a golden glow! It's so pretty, y'all! If you haven't tried Wet n Wild blushes before, you are missing out! The pigmentation is awesome, the colors are gorgeous and the price is around 3 bucks! Total steal!



For eyeshadows, I love the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows! They have great pigmentation and are such a unique formula! I mentioned them in my January favorites here!



Speaking of great pigmentation, Wet n Wild wins it again with their eyeshadows! They have awesome trios and palettes that are all top notch in pigmentation.  And even better, they're all under 5 bucks! One of my favorites is the Walking on Eggshells trio, that has been mentioned many times in the beauty community!



I absolutely LOVE the Maybelline Color Tattoos! They work awesome as a base for eyeshadow or just on their own! The colors are absolutely gorgeous and they work well to prime my eye! They are definitely comparable to the Mac Paint Pots! My favorite is the Inked in Pink Color Tattoo and I like to put Urban Decay Toasted eyeshadow on top! Gorgeous!



My favorite mascara is the L'Oreal Voluminous Full-Definition mascara! This mascara is amazing! See review and pictures here!



Finally, my favorite body lotion is actually from the drugstore and it is the Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Radiant lotion!  It's so moisturizing and doesn't have an obnoxious scent! Also, a humongous bottle of this stuff is only 5 bucks at Wal-mart! Love it!


What are some of your drugstore favorites?


XOXO Mandy




1 comment:

  1. I know I'm so late but I just discovered your blog and I love it!! My drugstore favs are basically the same as yours, but the ones I haven't tried I definitely will. :) But the Pixi Correction Concentrate Concealer in Brightening Peach is amazing for covering dark circles.

    ReplyDelete