Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation: Review

Hi Everyone!



It's halfway through the week, so be excited it's almost the weekend!

 

WARNING: I had a total blonde, face palming moment... You will see why at the end of my post.



I bought the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation (heck of a name, right?) a few weeks ago and have given it a fair trial. I bought mine at Walgreens for around $13.





What Covergirl says:

All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long.

This foundation has medium-buildable coverage which I tend to look for in a foundation because of acne scarring, hyper-pigmentation, etc. (I applied this foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush)

I absolutely love the packaging of this foundation simply for the fact that is has a pump! Why can't Revlon get on board with that?

This foundation lasted pretty well during the day and I only had to powder my face once during an 8 hour day, which is impressive and something I look for in a foundation.

However,

This foundation looks so cakey on my skin and emphasizes all of my pores!  It looks terrible on me! My skin looks 10 times drier than before I put on this product! NOTE: in the winter I have drier skin.

This foundation also feels quite heavy on the skin and I feel like I am wearing makeup and have that "Everyone knows I am wearing foundation" feeling. If you know what I mean...

Not only that, I chose the shade 805, which is the second to lightest shade, because the lightest shade looked to *pink* for me. Initially, when I buffed in this foundation, it looked my shade. About ten minutes later, this foundation totally oxidized and turned orange on me. No, just no.

I don't even want to try the lightest shade because that already looked pink in the bottle, so forget it.

PROS:
  • Medium-buildable coverage
  • Bottle has a pump
  • Good lasting power
CONS:
  • Cakey, emphasizes pores and dryness
  • Oxidizes majorly
  • Pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation ($13) 
  • Heavy feeling

VERDICT: I would not recommend this product if you have dry skin, bottom line.  Maybe oily skin gals this would work for, but definitely didn't on my dry skin.  I may have to try this foundation again during the summer months when my skin isn't as dry.


Now for the blonde moment... Why are there no photos you ask? Well I wrote the post at work (productive, right?) and I told myself that when I got home I was going to take pictures of everything and return the foundation to Walgreens.... Yep, forgot to take pictures and already returned it to Walgreens. Seriously? Such a loser... haha

 

Have you tried this new foundation from Covergirl?



XOXO Mandy

6 comments:

  1. Oh, it soundsed like it could be so promising...sigh. At least it has a pump!! haha.
    Great review, don't think I'll be trying this out now!
    LOL at your blonde moment, I would totally do that! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would still at least try it because seriously my skin has been SO dry lately and I know that was most likely part of the problem! If you have oily skin I'd still give it a shot because it did have good coverage! Also, if you have darker than NC 20 I could see it working for you as well. Mine just oxidized on me darker than that shade! So maybe you could get a lighter color and it would oxidize to the right shade! (I'm not sure if that made any sense, probably not haha)

      But, yeah, the blonde moment.... Come on.... :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear this foundation was an epic fail! I've tried using Cover Girl foundations in the past and they have never worked for me. They always accentuate my dry skin too. C'mon Cover Girl, get it together! Haha. (But seriously, try the True Match Lumi foundation, your dry skin will thank you!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Covergirl foundations never work for me either but I thought I'd give this one a try because it looked promising, sadly, it just didn't work :( So true though about acccentuating dry skin, Come ON! So lame. But, I really REALLY want to ty the Lumi foundation! Maybe next time I'm at Walgreens I will have to pick this one up and give it a try :)

      Delete
  3. sorry about the product but you write really great!! <3 <3


    http://stylingbyjong.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for the nice compliment, Jessica! I am actually a telecommunications and journalism major, so that's good that I can write decently :) Thank you for such a nice compliment! If you have oily skin though, I'd definitely give this foundation a try!! :)

      Delete