Friday, February 8, 2013

My "Going Out" Hair and Makeup Routine

Hi, Everyone!


It is FINALLY the weekend, and I couldn't be more excited! This week has been far too long...

Don't judge me, but I went out last night, Thursday, and had early class the next day..........

And now, I have to sit in a newsroom for 4 hours straight.... Good choice to go out last night, Mandy, good choice.

But, I thought I would tell you what makeup look I wore as well as the hairdo I was sporting. (This is my usual "go-to" makeup and hair look when I go out)

I am going to tell you, my pictures of my makeup are not that great because my room is dimly lit and it was dark out, obviously, so bare with me! (And just about everything in my room is a shade of pink so...... it kinda makes me a shade of pink as well! haha)

The main topic I wanted to share is how I curl my hair because SO many people ask how I do it so I thought this would be a perfect time to explain!
 The makeup I wore last night:

  • Monistat Anti-chafing Gel as a primer
  • Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry in the color Buff (loving the dry skin version!!)
  • Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer 
  • Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus
  • Wet N Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Ticket to Brazil
  • Nars Orgasm
  • Wet N Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Reserve your Cabana (as a highlight shade)
  • Urban Decay All  Nighter Setting spray
  • Mac Painterly Paint Pot
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette Toasted on the lid in a winged shape
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette Naked in the crease and to blend
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette Virgin as my highlight shade
  • Jordana Fabuliner in Black on the upper lashline
  • Revlon Brow Fantasy
  • 3 coats of L'oreal Voluminous Full-Definition mascara
  • NOTE: In these pictures I don't have my lip color on yet but I wear Mac Hue



Wow, I feel like that's a lot of makeup... But, that's okay, we are all makeup crazies here :)

On to my hair:

Night:

 
Next Morning:

 
I took a picture this morning to show that my hair looked about the same as it did last night after SLEEPING ON IT! It's crazy how long-lasting these curls are! I did nothing to my hair after waking up this morning in that picture!

And I have to be honest, what I really should be doing is making YouTube videos.

#1 This would be much easier to explain and show in a video
#2 I actually love being in front of the camera (I'm in school to be a news anchor)

On to more important things, MY HAIR!

What I do is the following:
  • Start with clean blow-dried hair
  • Section off your hair so that the bottom third of your hair is down
  • Using my 1" curling iron from Hot Tools open the clamp and wrap a small piece around the barrel but don't ever close the clamp!
  • Keep that wrapped on the barrel for about 10 seconds
  • Let the curl fall off the barrel into your hand and hold for a few seconds until cool
  • Do this all through the rest of your hair in sections, curls all going the same direction
  • Do your makeup, or find something to do until your hair is cooled
  • Then brush out your curls a bit to break them up and to make them more voluminous!
  • Spray!



So there you have it, my "going out" hair and makeup!

Hopefully this is helpful for some!

Hope ya'll enjoy your weekend!

 

 What is your "going out" routine?




XOXO Mandy




6 comments:

  1. Ha, going out on Thursdays is the best. The morning after always sucks but whatever! :P I cannot believe your curls held up that well! Mine never look that great at the end of the night, let alone into the next day. Your makeup also looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, morning after is the absolute worse!!!! You should totally try the method that I used if you don't already!!! Maybe that'd work for you!!! Because literally, my curls will last until I was my hair next using this method!! And thank you for the compliment on my makeup, so sweet :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really weird request but can you do a "What's in my bag/purse?" post? I'm always so curious of what women keep in their purse makeup wise, etc. I love watching/reading make up guru's posts about it. I've actually bought items here and there after watching them. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I will do one!!! I'll make a post of my makeup bag that I bring with me in my purse!!! I'm so thankful for requests and ideas to do for my blog!! Thank you so much!! :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair is so beautiful! And the makeup looks lovely :) x

    www.lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments :) This is my favorite way to style my hair! It may take a tad longer than normal but beauty takes time, right? Thank you so much for checking out my blog! You are so sweet!! :)

      Delete