Thursday, February 14, 2013

Exciting News and a Shopping List!

Hello!

So, I didn't post anything yesterday and I apologize, but I have a legitimate excuse....

I am actually going to school studying telecommunications and journalism in hopes that one day I will become a news anchor.  Well, the other night was my FIRST real newscast and it went FANTASTIC!

So, last night it was uploaded online so, naturally, I sent it to my family and friends! I was on the phone much of yesterday with people congratulating me!

So, all in all, I was pretty excited!

Here are a couple pictures of the show:




So, like I said, pretty excited to get out of school and begin my career hopefully as an up and coming news anchor!

Beauty related...


I am going to Indianapolis this weekend and thought I'd do some shopping at Sephora and Ulta while I'm there!

I thought I'd show you what I intend to purchase!  Let me know if these are worth-it products!

Nars All About Eve Eyeshadow Duo
NARS - Duo Eyeshadow
  Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten
 Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
 NYX Cream Blush in Glow and Tickled
ROUGE CREAM BLUSH 
Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer 

Kat Von D - Lock-It Tattoo Concealer

  Urban Decay X Eyeshadow
 Urban Decay - Eyeshadow



Like I mentioned, please let me know if you have tried and loved any of these products or any other recommendations! 

 

 What have you been wanting to purchase lately?



XOXO Mandy






8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!

    And I've heard amazing things about the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes! Ive never tried them but all the Youtube videos I've watched have really positive things to say about the tarte blushes (except if they got the wrong color for their skin-tone).

    Looks like you've got a great shopping adventure planned :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the congrats!!! :)

      I have the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed but it's the only one I've tried!! It is really nice!! I almost like it better than Nars blushes because I feel they are better for my skin!! The blush I'm planning to get this time around has shimmer in it so hopefully that works okay with me :)

      And yes, whenever I get to go shopping, I am one happy girl :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard incredible things about the Tarte blushes. The one thing I hate about drugstore blushes is that they don't last long, and my face looks SO flat and round if my blush fades away, so high-end blush is a must! These Tarte ones are supposed to be one of the longest lasting blushes out there, so I'd get them if I were you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you about high end blushes!!! My only problem lately is I think my Nars blushes are breaking me out :( so, I thought I'd get some Tarte blushes because I feel they will be better for my skin!!! I have the Tarte blush in Exposed, I love it and it doesn't break me out! So I definitely want to try out more :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats, girl! That is awesome. I always wanted to do that,but then I realized I hated public speaking!!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I appreciate it!! :) Public speaking definitely isn't for some people, or should I say most people?!I read some crazy ridiculous statistic that a huge percentage of people would rather do almost anything (and I mean anything) else than public speaking! It really doesn't bother me at all!! Which is probably good for what I want to do, right?? :)

      Thanks for checking out my blog!!

      I just looked at yours and I'm totally loving it! I just followed!! :)

      Mandy

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your first newscast, that is so amazing! I have always secretly wanted to be a broadcaster, good for you for actually pursuing that dream! I would totally recommend the Tarte blush in Glisten, I don't have that shade but I'm obsessed with those blushes in general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO SO much!!! :) I really appreciate it!!!! I am pretty excited to be doing what I want to do!! :) I swatched all the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes at Sephora and I ended up returning home with Dollface instead of Glisten. Glisten looked SO much like Benefit Coralista to me in the store, which I already own. Buttttt, thinking of it now, I really wish I had bought Glisten too.... Don't you hate that? :)

      Delete