Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel: Review

Hi, Folks!

A quick review on the famous Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel bronzer formally known as Chanel Bronze Universal.



I wanted this product for so long after seeing endless rave reviews on it.  I finally splurged on it a couple months ago, it was around 50 dollars + tax... So definitely not the cheapest...

Is it worth it?


The packaging is gorgeous with a black lid embellished with gold Chanel emblem. Although, I would expect nothing less than beautiful packaging from Chanel.



The product itself is different from anything I've tried... It's like a putty texture if that makes sense which makes blending a breeze!



The best part is that there is SO much product that this will most definitely last me for years, do definitely loving that!

Make sure to keep the plastic cover, it will help prevent the product from drying out!



What I do:

I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush to blend under my cheekbones, up through my hairline, and down my jaw to contour.

This does create a beautiful, natural appearance to the skin! And lasts all day on my skin!



The downfall being it isn't *perfect* on fair skin just because you may have to blend a bit more, but that isn't a big deal to me!

I think I will like this product even more during the summer when I'm not basically translucent....



PROS:
  • Natural looking bronzer
  • Adds a glow to the skin
  • Perfect for contouring
  • Gorgeous Packaging
  • No shimmer
CONS:
  • Not ideal for fair skintones
  • Price




All in all, is this a must have? Not really... It's quite expensive! But, I think if you have the money to spend and looking for a natural looking bronzer, perfect for contouring, I'd give this a try!


What is your favorite bronzer of the moment?



XOXO Mandy




4 comments:

  1. I've never tried contouring, but I've been meaning to! Maybe I can just go into Sephora or a department store and give this a try without buying it?

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try it!! :) It can make your face seem SO much slimmer, and who doesn't want that right?! And for sure go to Sephora or any makeup counter and they will direct you to the best products for contouring as well as show you the best technique!! Good luck and thanks for checking out my blog! :)

      XOXO Mandy

      Delete
  2. Hey Mandy!!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! Your blog is adorable and I'm delighted to follow!!
    This product looks amazing. I'm on a spending ban, so it will have to wait (we'll see how long THIS lasts!! LOL!!)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! :)

      Thank you so much for the compliment and the follow!! :) I totally loved your blog and like I said, I'm totally jealous of your flawless skin!!

      A product ban, eh?? Tried that a time or two... can't say that I stuck with it for long!! After your ban (or during) you should check this out for sure!!

      Hope you are having a terrific week :) Thanks again!

      Delete