Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One December Regret

Hello Everyone!


Hope everyone is doing well!!

I had many favorites this month (click for that post) but I also had one (expensive) regret as well.

From the beginning:

I received a rather hefty priced gift card from someone special this Christmas and decided to buy my first Dior eyeshadow quint. I thought well heck, if I am every going to buy one of these bad boys, it might as well be on someone else's dime, right?

Anyways, so I was browsing the quints on Sephora's website and decided to go with the mauve/purple quint called "Stylish Move."  It looked so pretty and it contained unusual colors for me.  I usually tend to have more neutral-toned shadows.  But, I thought, purple brings out green eyes, and what better way to test drive a purple look than a fancy sophisticated Dior palette?

Wrong.

I have never in my life returned a makeup item. EVER. I returned this a few days after it was in the mail.  (Lucky, I got one picture of it before I sent it off, look at the end of post.)

This palette had NO pigmentation whatsoever, and I am pretty lenient when it comes to pigmentation, because I like a more natural look.  But, literally, 4 out of the 5 colors didn't even show up on my skin! And I am white as a piece of paper, people!

The only color that showed up on my was the dark, dark purple color. Which, if you think about it, basically since one color worked, that palette would essentially equal 60 bucks for one eyeshadow. Sorry, but no.

Returned.

I definitely DO NOT recommend this Dior quint and I am going to be very hesitant to buy another now.

Picture:

So pretty, too bad the colors don't transfer....



Did you regret buying any products this month??


Hopefully everyone is having a great week so far!!

XOXO Mandy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment